Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by pandas07 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:03 am

I have been logging on but not really checking in because I have been busy. I've noticed that there has been a huge decline of users that login. Sad Where is everyone? Also, thanks for the cool background on this forum fritz, great job!
avatar
pandas07
Team Player
Team Player

Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by Asynjur on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:25 am

I've got a hundred GoPets friends on Facebook. Everyone seems to be there. I prefer forums for socializing, but it's hard to get people to consistently post on forums anymore with Twitter and Facebook and all. People didn't post much on the GoPets forum for the last year either, really. Sometimes I cross post stuff here just because the posts on Facebook go by so fast, but often when I check in here there are no new posts. Sad
avatar
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Posts : 486
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Isle of Demons

View user profile https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by pandas07 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:52 am

Asynjur wrote:I've got a hundred GoPets friends on Facebook. Everyone seems to be there. I prefer forums for socializing, but it's hard to get people to consistently post on forums anymore with Twitter and Facebook and all. People didn't post much on the GoPets forum for the last year either, really. Sometimes I cross post stuff here just because the posts on Facebook go by so fast, but often when I check in here there are no new posts.
I knew about everyone being there but I didn't know that they would "abandon" this forum. Forums are nice too... Laughing
avatar
pandas07
Team Player
Team Player

Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by Lilly0864 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:59 pm

I miss everyone Sad though I have been very busy hope to get on a bit more in the days to come Smile
avatar
Lilly0864
Lurker
Lurker

Posts : 39
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by Chiswick on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:37 am

I'm still here but I have been having a busy week. > O <
avatar
Chiswick
Team Player
Team Player

Posts : 86
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : 213 , 256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by niquae on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:59 am

I check in occasionally but I have so little to say of interest. -_-;
avatar
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Posts : 333
Join date : 2009-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by yew on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 am

I notice this too.. So sad.. And no one in the chat room too.. so quiet. Sad
avatar
yew
Team Player
Team Player

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by pandas07 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:26 pm

During the first week that this forum was around so many people were on each day but now it seems like only about 10-15 check in. The chat is always deserted now...
avatar
pandas07
Team Player
Team Player

Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by Asynjur on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:06 am

To be honest, I didn't expect a lot of people to be really active here after GoPets was gone. I thought it might work more like a sign post--former GoPets players manage to find it, look around, see what games people are playing now and what networks they're on--and use that as a way to find old friends.

I'd like to start a general topic forum again some day, like the one I had for years. I've always preferred to socialize on forums, I don't really like the way blogs are set up or Facebook or whatever. But it takes so much work to get people posting when you have nothing driving people to your forum. And it takes even more work now than in the past, now that most people use social networks instead of forums. I opened my first forum in 2001, I think, and I've had a couple different ones, and the climate is definitely different now. But even before, if you didn't have a game or something driving people to your forum--you'd have to do publicity, start several new threads every day, reply to everyone who stops by--basically a constant campaign until you get a group of several core users who are posting a lot every day. I don't want to put that kind of time into getting one going, not at this point in my life.
avatar
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Posts : 486
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Isle of Demons

View user profile https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by MrFritz on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:08 pm

pandas07 wrote:During the first week that this forum was around so many people were on each day but now it seems like only about 10-15 check in. The chat is always deserted now...

I created a new chat that might help out see the Announcement in the Discussion Forum
avatar
MrFritz
Admin

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 58
Location : West Virginia

View user profile http://www.gopetsaddicts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by FreedomDeep on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 pm

I am sorry I haven't been around much lately either. I am really missing you guys, and look forward to your posts on Facebook. I was talking to Fritz and smug in the new chatroom and I think we just need to set a time and date to meet up in the chatroom. During Christmas when I had free time I loved to poke my head into BST because I knew there was always something going on, someone to talk to or catch up with.

I have nothing planned for New Years eve, so I propose all of y'all that are gonna be staying in, come hang with me to bring in the new years!

Love ya guys and miss you much (and my pets of course).
avatar
FreedomDeep
Starter
Starter

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-10-11
Age : 97
Location : California

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1452045244&

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by pandas07 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Asynjur wrote:To be honest, I didn't expect a lot of people to be really active here after GoPets was gone. I thought it might work more like a sign post--former GoPets players manage to find it, look around, see what games people are playing now and what networks they're on--and use that as a way to find old friends.

I'd like to start a general topic forum again some day, like the one I had for years. I've always preferred to socialize on forums, I don't really like the way blogs are set up or Facebook or whatever. But it takes so much work to get people posting when you have nothing driving people to your forum. And it takes even more work now than in the past, now that most people use social networks instead of forums. I opened my first forum in 2001, I think, and I've had a couple different ones, and the climate is definitely different now. But even before, if you didn't have a game or something driving people to your forum--you'd have to do publicity, start several new threads every day, reply to everyone who stops by--basically a constant campaign until you get a group of several core users who are posting a lot every day. I don't want to put that kind of time into getting one going, not at this point in my life.
Wow, that is so much work. Maybe if there were "stuff to do" then maybe everyone would come back.
avatar
pandas07
Team Player
Team Player

Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by pandas07 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm

MrFritz wrote:
pandas07 wrote:During the first week that this forum was around so many people were on each day but now it seems like only about 10-15 check in. The chat is always deserted now...

I created a new chat that might help out see the Announcement in the Discussion Forum
Thanks fritz, one thing about the chat: when we have other gopetsaddicts pages open, it has us logged on for each one. So if I had 3 tabs of this forum open then it would show 3 pandas07 on...

FreedomDeep wrote:I am sorry I haven't been around much lately either. I am really missing you guys, and look forward to your posts on Facebook. I was talking to Fritz and smug in the new chatroom and I think we just need to set a time and date to meet up in the chatroom. During Christmas when I had free time I loved to poke my head into BST because I knew there was always something going on, someone to talk to or catch up with.

I have nothing planned for New Years eve, so I propose all of y'all that are gonna be staying in, come hang with me to bring in the new years!

Love ya guys and miss you much (and my pets of course).
I miss those days.. I might be around during the holidays if I have nothing to do though. Usually, if gopets were still here then I would want to play when I was not busy.
avatar
pandas07
Team Player
Team Player

Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by darkpaw on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:39 pm

I wish someone would come... Crying or Very sad
avatar
darkpaw
Starter
Starter

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by huyendung on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:40 pm

darkpaw wrote:I wish someone would come... Crying or Very sad

It's so lonesome. Forums are awesome! The chats being quiet is sad. When gopets was up, the chats were chock-full. *sigh*
avatar
huyendung
Team Player
Team Player

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 28
Location : Here!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everyone? And thanks fritz for the cool background!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum