Happy Pets 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Happy Pets 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Pets

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Happy Pets Empty Happy Pets

Post by Asynjur Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:04 am

I joined another soul sucking pet game, because I'm not wasting enough of my time. Very Happy

It's frustrating because Happy Pets has been very buggy this week. I wasted a bunch of coins on breeding requests, I don't think my friends even got the requests. And adding friends only works half the time (why don't they automatically give you ever player on your friends list like Pet Society does?) Adding them is set up in a very tedious way, you have to do them one at a time, not check them off a list. So having to do it over and over is just loads of fun.

The game isn't just buggy, it's disjointed. You'll be visiting someone's house, and a box will pop up asking if you want to go another friend's house to get a cat out of a tree or something. I don't know how much xp or coins you get when you do that. I'm starting to just ignore those pop ups, and do visits more systematically like I do in Pet Society. There other things that pop up, too many of them, like reminders to send free gifts to your friends. And it has too many items for real cash, like every pet game now. I did one of the offers to earn Facebook credits, bought some shoes (I needed shoes anyway). Of course I never got the credits. I don't think it's meant to be a ripoff, just inevitable bugs since you are interfacing 3 different systems, namely Facebook, the game, and the third party company making the offer.

There's something about the tone of the game that I'm not comfortable with. Pets are treated like, well, collectible items rather than pets. I like that GoPets had a lot fewer pets per person, but you were very invested with your pets. Here you pick your starter pets from a very small selection of looks, so it's not like your starter pet is a really unique pet that will be the foundation for your little family. One of my first days playing Happy Pets, a pop up box said the police department wanted to buy my dog Raven for six hundred or so coins, and the prompt made it sound like I should be happy about this. But I found it appalling since she still had a young puppy to care for.

I do like some things about Happy Pets. They have many cute pet species, and you can adopt out pets you don't want to other players for free. You can make in game coins fairly quickly (Glovanna gave me a tip to use the laser pen to play with pets rather than the hand icon, much faster). They have some cute animations. I love how my bunny eats a carrot, and cats use the scratching post and sing. The sound of the dinos is really amusing.

I don't want a huge number of pets that will feel like a burden, but I'll stick with it for a while and see how it goes.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Happy Pets Empty Re: Happy Pets

Post by momtomaeghan Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:54 am

And then Asynjur disappeared into the world of Happy Pets, never to be seen again.............................................
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Really? Did you read my review? XD

I still play Pet Society and World of Warcraft just as much, even though you'd think I'd play Happy Pets more because it's new to me. But it's so laggy, I can only stand it for so long. Even when I tell myself I want to keep at it until I get enough coins to buy a dino, I get frustrated and stop when I'm only like 1/10 of the way there.

Do you play? There are a lot of people who do not show up in the list of people I can add at all, not with the players or the non-players. I thought these people must have it blocked, but then I noticed one was posting about Happy Pets so they must play. And that friend was able to add me, even though I wasn't able to add them. Kathy, you are one of the people the game just isn't acknowledging for me one way or another. So if you play and you can add me, please do.

And the same to anyone else reading along! Those I could send friend requests to, I did. But when some of them tried to accept, the game didn't load and it didn't work. So it hasn't been easy for me to find friends!
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am

Nope, haven't been sucked into that game yet. And after reading your review I will try not to be! Smile
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:26 am

Yeah, I can't say I'd recommend it in the current state. It's hard not to invite people though, because of all the stuff you need friends for in these damn social games, LOL.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Not as laggy today, yah! But it's still losing some in game notes and breeding requests, apparently. Last week I sent people notes complimenting their pets and such, and wasted coins on some breeding requests that didn't go through.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:35 am

Well, I have gotten too sucked into this after all, LOL, although I haven't quite disappeared. I'm trying not to get into every new species they add. But recently starting picking up some monkeys and butterflies from the trader, even though I'd been trying to avoid it, oh well! Currently looking for a white rabbit, and a blue and/or white female butterfly, preferably morpho.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:56 pm

I've been sucked in!!! I started to play recently, and now I'm into these parrots. The kitties are nice, but the parrots are so cheerful and make me happy. Asynjur's helping me get started with some of her trade parrots. I also like the chickens. Let's see how it goes.

It's fun to look for new pets to adopt, and to think about how the babies of bred pets will turn out. I'm still really new at that but it's fun for now.

Oh why oh why did I get back into Facebook games?!
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:59 am

Okay, I joined too... How do I make you guys neighbours??

It is pretty cute. Smile
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:55 pm

I'd love to help, but I don't know your name on Facebook. Are we friends? I sent you a PM here on the forum.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Yeah I need your id too so I can add you. You can pm me here if you don't want to post it.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:39 pm

LittleDende is on my friends list, yeah! And she's adopting one of my kitties already. =^..^=

I'm looking for a dark natural looking reindeer without a red nose, like the chestnut or gray reindeer in the store. Let me know!
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:25 pm

I have an album of pics of pets I'm giving away on my Facebook profile, please stop by and take a look if you're playing, I add new ones all the time. Also, let me know if you want a penguin, panda, jackalope, candy cane kitty, I have or can breed those. I also raise some several other pets, too, doesn't hurt to ask!
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 am

OMG - I couldn't withstand the pics of all your cute pets - so I joined! I have no idea what I'm doing, lol. Sent out a bunch of friend requests and some food. Now what? Why is there a big hunk of ice in my house?

Anyone who wants to add me, go ahead - I'm Kathy Momtomaeghan on Facebook. Smile
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:18 am

OK - the first of many questions, lol.

Will my baby grow up on it's own after the time it says (3 days) or does it need other people to "bless" it? If so, how do I get people to do that?

What's the deal with the ladder and caulk in my stuff - what do I do with those?

momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Your baby will emerge in 3 days or whatever it is for that species, as long as it's well fed (you feed it with the baby bottle regularly). If people "bless" the basket, each person who does that will take 1 hour off the time. So blessing can speed it up, not feeding can slow it down. I do try to keep my kids fed, but personally I don't care if people bless my baskets. I'm not in a huge hurry because my feeling whenever the babies are ready to emerge is always, "Where am I going to put all these pets?!" XD
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:30 pm

The ladder and caulk, I think those are for the trophy room. Did you get them at the pet park? If you dug up a blueprint at the pet park, you need to put it on a wall somewhere, and then you can "apply" all the materials you get and work on building the trophy room which is just another normal room where you can put pets. I lost my blueprint, and ended up writing to support. But they gave me a new one so I was able to complete my trophy room.

The parts on the free gifts, like sawhorse and torch and such, are for the dino den, the chicken coop, and the horse stable. For those you buy each "base" to put the materials on at the store. Finishing each one allows you to buy that kind of pet from the store (you CAN adopt them from friends without finishing the buildings, though) and it also allows you to open another room for each one.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:09 am

Thanks for the info! Off to check on my pets - hope they're happy. Smile
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:52 am

Look at this, getting closer to the perfect yellow bunny (not for adoption!)

Happy Pets Yellow

I've discovered that to get yellow in Happy Pets, you need to breed a red pet with a medium green pet. (The pink around the eye in this one is just inherited from that 3 color Easter bunny they had.) My tries with light peach and light green are coming out almost white, you need a full red, otherwise it's usually pale and unsaturated. Gankaku, you know that golden kitty you adopted from me today? I realized that was also a red and green mix.

Apparently Happy Pets uses light color mixing, not pigment color mixing (with some randomness added of course!)

Happy Pets Additive
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:22 am

How laggy is this game for you guys? It's way, way more laggy for me than Pet Society is. Takes forever to go to people's rooms and play with their pets. I put it on the Low Quality setting, but it still runs so slow. Any tips to speed it up?
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:55 am

This game is unfortunately laggy for everyone, and unbearably laggy for some people. One difference between this and Pet Society is that Happy Pets is a real time game. It updates more often than Pet Society, and it updates the status of other people's pets when you visit them. On Pet Society, only the status of your own pet updates when you play. (That's why you can clean all the flies off a neighbor's pet in Pet Society, log out, log in again, and go clean the flies off that pet again. The fact that you cleaned the pet only give you xp and coins, that pets status never changes from how it was when the owner last logged out.) So perhaps the fact that Happy Pets updates much more frequently, and updates more events, perhaps ends up updating multiple servers instead of just your own, makes the lag so bad. Or maybe it's just bad code, who knows!

I've heard people suggest switching browsers and all the usually stuff, I don't know if any of it really works. When I first started playing I tried to go down my friends list and play with pets and bless baskets, but after only a few places I'd end up rebooting. (I don't understand why some people have a million items including animated items in their nursery, how can anyone bless their pets with all that lag?) Now I just don't do that. I don't usually visit anyone unless that "so and so needs help" thing pops up, sometimes I go then but not always. I make xp just by playing with my own pets. As long as I don't leave my own house, I don't have to reboot nearly as often, maybe because less items are loading.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Please, put in requests for penguins, pandas, ferrets, chickens, or whatever!!! I'm out of room, so for a week I'm going to stop breeding and concentrate on giving away pets. For some popular pets, I often won't bother with the picture taking step. Instead I'll put them right into the trader, no code, because they'll go faster and I really need the room. So if you want something, please let me know now, thanks!
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:34 am

The Happy Pets neighbor system is so fubar! I just adopted an uncoded pet from the trader, went to thank them--but not only is this person not on my Facebook friends list, I think they actually have me blocked on Facebook! And yet I'm still a neighbor, and I don't even have a way to remove them from my neighbor's list in the game because they don't show up on "My Neighbors" tab (a lot of my neighbors don't). They don't come up on a search even though I'm sure we have neighbors in common being active HP players, and the only explanation I can come up with is that I'm blocked. I sent them an in game note thanking them for the pet, maybe they'll be all pissed about it, I don't know!

Edit: Well, now I'm starting to wonder if it's just one of the many bugs. She replied to say "you're welcome" and she doesn't seem to know me, and I just adopted from someone else who I can't find on my Facebook friends list, either!

2nd Edit: We exchanged a couple more messages and we're FB friends now, LOL.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:57 pm

OMG - I hate the whole neighbor system on HP. More than half the time when I'm trying to adopt and trade and I have to add a new person they don't appear on my neighbor request list. Finally found out how to do a manual neighbor add - directions for it are in the docs on HPS. It has directions for a manual neighbor removal too I think. You just have to have your and their facebook IDs. I also have people that still appear as neighbors but aren't my friends - and I don't think all those people were out there deleting me as a friend, lol.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:58 pm

I searched on the support page http://support.crowdstar.com/home and couldn't find anything about adding or removing neighbors manually. Is there somewhere else I should look?

Edit: I found it with a Google search, LOL, well this is Happy Island maybe it will work if I change it to Happy Pets, LOL
http://support.crowdstar.com/entries/220813-how-to-remove-and-add-neighbours-with-linking
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next