Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Hey everyone, I'm finally back! Another year older, too!!! :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey everyone, I'm finally back! Another year older, too!!! :)

Post by PopPunk on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:02 am

First of all, I'm really sorry that I have been gone. I promise, I didn't mean to. It's just, I've been going through A LOT of stuff these last few months. I mean, a ton of stuff... So many things have been put on hold for me. It's really hard to juggle so many things, when your life is falling apart (in just about all aspects). Like, last time I came back I told you guys about something that happened to me, and how hard it was to cope with it. Well, now I've been really sick. I haven't been to the doctor, but I know I should have been a long time ago. I plan on going this week, so I can finally take a blood test. pale As you know, I have anemia, but I have been suspecting (for over a year now) that I probably have hyperthyroidism, too. I MAY also have problems with my ovaries, but hopefully it's not too serious. Therefore, I have been extremely frustrated and stressed out lately. Plus, I also have the ACT's coming up. No *facepalm* Prepare, prepare, prepare... I haven't been able to write much, but I am really trying to get back on track with that. It's a great stress reliever. It's just extremely hard when I don't have a real support system, you know? Anyway, I'm not going to whine about it. That's not helping anything. I'll just try to be strong. cat Plus, I remember when Gopets used to be our escape for this kind of stuff. Man, I miss the good old days... Crying or Very sad *sighs*

I've been wanting to come back on here for the longest time, and I finally did it. I love you I hope everyone had a fun Thanks Giving, Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, and etc... I'm happy I came back before Saint Pattie's Day!!! alien

P.S. - I have FINALLY found a game like Gopets. I mean, it's just about as close as it can get, because I've tried finding one before. ANYWAY, if you ever heard of Littlest Pet Shop, you should definitely buy one of those huge dolls they sell now. I recently found one on sail at Walmart for only THREE dollars. They usually sell for around 10-15 bucks. I saw them before, but thought it was too kiddy for me, but I was wrong. Smile When you buy one, you can use a code that comes with it and enter a cool online world. It's VERY similar to Gopets. My mom even thought that it was the same creator. Laughing It's been around for a few years now, but I think the game is fairly recent. My friend (who happens to be a few years younger) always played with the actual pet shops (the little figurines), but I always felt like I was too old for that. The online game is really cool, though. Even though I have webkinz, I think the Little Pet Shop game is sooooo much more fun. It's probably fun for all ages (just like Gopets was)! I would describe how much similarities it has to Gopets, but I strongly suggest you venture to the site yourself and read a little about it. alien It also reminds me a little bit of Animal Crossing, but it's much more like Gopets. Like, if Gopets & Animal Crossing had a baby, it would be this. It would be so cool if we could all play on there together!!! If anyone happens to have an account (or will get one soon), my username is: LuckyShamrock flower
PopPunk
Team Player
Team Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey everyone, I'm finally back! Another year older, too!!! :)

Post by momtomaeghan on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Glad to see you back PopPunk! Sorry to hear you're going through hard times - definitely go see the doctor, you may find ways to treat what you are going thru medically and that can make all the difference. I am anemic too, so I know the challenges that brings.
I used to collect Littlest Pet Shop stuff - way back when the animals were really little (before they brought them back with the big heads, lol). My daughter collected the 2nd generation type. The site sounds like fun, I'll try to check it out sometime soon.
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Hello! Good to see you. Sorry you aren't well. Please do take care of yourself! The doctors may have some new treatments, you never know.

I've never found anything like GoPets. I don't like having to buy an actual item just to play a game, the house is so full of crap already, LOL. Lately I've been playing Pet Society and Happy Pets.
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

View user profile https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PopPunk on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:17 am

*huggles* Thanks guys. <3 I know that being optimistic can be the best medicine, so that's what I'm trying to do. Smile Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I'm trying to limit my internet use because sometimes it can be really stressful. Not to mention, the online bullies. Neutral They really know how to take the fun out of everything. I like focusing on more important things, anyway. Like, I have my writing, my dog, sports, huge exams to study for... Being on the internet can really take away a lot of free time. I also think it's best to focus on my health. That's one of my top priorities. If I can cut out stress, I'm going to jump at that chance. Instead of using twitter, I write in a journal now, too. I figured that it would be great to hand that down to my children and grandchildren one day if I ever have them. It's also great therapy. I will have so much on my mind, but if I put it in my journal, it's like a huge load is off my back.

You're right, nothing can ever be like GoPets. Littlest Pet Shop is fun, though. It's like, it can't get closer than that, but it's still different from GoPets in MANY ways. I remember going on GoPets sometimes just to chat with you guys. I love you When things would go bad at GoPets, we'd still have a ton of fun. That's what was so great about it. It was a really rare experience, I think.

Again, love you guys so much! cat I'll make sure I pop in every once in a while to talk and stuff, so don't worry if I disappear from time to time.
PopPunk
Team Player
Team Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PopPunk on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:32 pm

Just popping in to say hi. I love you I'm in a pretty good mood right now, despite my stomach hurting like crazy. I've started writing again, from what seems like a severely long absence. Not just a couple pages, either. I wrote a couple thousand words today, so I suppose that's brightened my mood a bit. It's so funny, though. When I first sat down to write I thought, "Gosh, it's been forever. I'm going to suck, because I can't remember what the heck comes next." It took me just a few moments of reviewing my chapter summaries and bang. I was back to normal, if not better than normal! Surprised I'm really surprised how fast it all came back to me. It's like the words were flooding out of my mind and onto the pages. I loved it. I'm going to strike the iron while it's hot, so to speak. I'm going to keep writing until I can't write anymore. Perhaps I'll get carpal tunnel. Nah, scratch that. I suspect that I've had it for quite a long time now, actually. I try to ignore it, but it does get rather bothersome at times. Even when I go to sleep, I'll have to stretch my hands periodically, because it feels like there is almost no circulation. Ah, oh well. I guess that's one of the drawbacks of being a writer. Your hands become your mind's prisoners. To carry out its every demand... lol I kind of feel bad for the writers before computers or even type writers came to be. It probably took a lot longer. Considering that I can write 70-75 words per minute, my novel would probably take me ten times longer to write by pen. lol Although, there wasn't the distraction of the internet back then, either! Razz That can slow me down a bit, so that's why I make myself shut it off. Ha ha

flower I hope everyone is well. cat By the way, happy fifty billion things happening in history day. Shocked The civil war, man in space, and etc... It's crazy how many things happened on this day, don't you think?

Anyway, talk later, okay?
PopPunk
Team Player
Team Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:14 am

Hey, how you doing? How is that book coming along? Very Happy
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

View user profile https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi PopPunk!

Didn't you make a cute skirt with some colorful polka dots on it in GoPets? Smile

I hope you're feeling well. How's your summer going?
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PopPunk on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:44 am

Smile Hey guys. My book and summer are going pretty well! Thanks for asking. I wish I could chat on here more, but sadly there's rarely anyone around. I've got a trampoline this summer, so that has been a lot of fun. Besides that, I've been pretty ill, but I don't let that stop me. I've just celebrated my dog's birthday, which made me think of GoPets again. Awe, I miss it so much. I can't believe it's been almost two years! I've been trying to find someone who may be selling any GoPets plushie, but it appears that there is not one in sight. Sad That makes me really sad, because it would be really, really awesome to have one like Kimbap or something. It would kind of be like closure, you know? I wonder if I could contact Erik or someone about it. Do you think they would still have any? Ha, I remember asking about this last year, but I still haven't found one.

Oops, I know I'm getting off topic, but yeah, it's great seeing you two on here! I love you How are your summers doing? cat
PopPunk
Team Player
Team Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top