World Of Warcraft - Page 2 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

World Of Warcraft - Page 2 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Of Warcraft

+5
Asynjur
niquae
betzy809
Daeninn
Ravynqueen
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

World Of Warcraft - Page 2 Empty Re: World Of Warcraft

Post by Asynjur Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:39 am

World Of Warcraft - Page 2 Raissa001
My oldest, Raissa, dwarf ret pally. I don't really like to think of any one toon as my "main" but I realized if I don't start playing one that way, I'll never get to 80, LOL. She's with Frosty here, cute little guy.

World Of Warcraft - Page 2 Raissa002
Here's Raissa on her flying mount, Freckle Butt.

World Of Warcraft - Page 2 Raissa003
Just to show her hair is long, since it doesn't really show in the other pictures. She used to have a braid--but she had a little makeover not too long ago, went with a pony tail, and got her ears pierced for the first time. Felt like a kid again!

World Of Warcraft - Page 2 Raissa004
Raissa isn't my pet collector, that curse fell to a younger gal. When Raissa first flew over Ol' Man Barlow, she laughed. She'd heard plenty of complaints (particularly before they changed the drop rate). But he wasn't her problem, she didn't collect pets. Then when she hit 70, she decided to try Crocs in the City just once. Of course it never came up when she checked, and it was a pain to go back to Outland since she'd moved on. She'd done all of Barlow's other fishing quests multiple times before getting Crocs. I was dead tired tonight, but since I'd parked her in front of the old man, I forced myself to log in. And, what do you know, here's Toothy showing off his grin!
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:06 pm

OMG! This is so funny! MtnGypsy tweeted this link http://www.savethemurlocs.org/
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Here's my warlock Auerin. I want to get her to 80 today.

Early on: World Of Warcraft - Page 2 2nreudh

In Howling Fjord, my favorite place in the entire game:
World Of Warcraft - Page 2 1231q3b

Checking out Dalaran from the air when finally got flying mount at 77:
World Of Warcraft - Page 2 34ru240

My sister just joined so we're playing together. I have a hunter on another server I play and she's joined me there, and I joined her server, and started a little dwarf priest. Here's one of my hunter with her new crossbow. I also love the pilot-style hats - they look so good on dwarves!

World Of Warcraft - Page 2 21o604h
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Gankaku, I hope your sister is enjoying the game!

Raissa made 80, woohoo! So now I'm trying to switch gears, and get into playing my troll DK. Ah.. for the Horde!

World Of Warcraft - Page 2 Dk02

I never thought I'd play a troll. But I realized it's the red eyes that bug me, and death knights always have blue eyes, so problem solved! I have at least one of every race, although some are very low level. My troll started working on some quests in Zangarmarsh today, but her professions are behind--damn DKs, high level but no rep or profession skills, LOL. I just have to do some old world mining first. So I've gone back to my futile baby ooze hunt, since I pick up a ton of thorium when I'm doing that.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobos Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Ravynqueen wrote:My most recent toon, a hunter night elf, got all the way to level 20, finally was able to obtain a mount (for a day lol) and a couple of pets. I have found that different people work better with certain toons...I thought I would do well with the warlock but I don't. I can't seem to get it leveled as well as some of the others. I pretty much decided when the "real" time comes, I will pretty much be hunters and rouges & palidans.... must be the "blood sport" in me...LOL *hugs*

LOL!
I know the feeling, I always thought I would love casters, since close ranged combat is horrible (IRL)
And wow... I started with a hunter and loved it, then tried a Rogue and OMG awesome! Then my guild needed tanks, and I was leveling a DK so I gave it a try...
Needless to say, DK Tank is my main now World Of Warcraft - Page 2 Icon_eek
I started a cow-shammy (healer) and I am loving her very much also. But the warlock I was using? No thanks, can't stand her.
Phobos
Phobos
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobos Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Asynjur wrote:I play WoW in a very casual way, avoiding most dangerous situations so it isn't stressful. I talked about this a bit on my LJ - http://asynjur.livejournal.com/43828.html
Your post is awesome!
We recently moved in with my Grandparents (or they moved in with us... or maybe all 4 of us moved in with my Mom, we are still unsure Razz), and well, 3 out of 5 in my household play wow. Which makes me feel guilty since we spend so much time in the game. I have been trying to see how to make WoW appealing to my Grandparents, but both of them being around their 80's makes it kinda hard. I jokingly tell them I'll get them into fishing (oh how I HATE fishing!) and they just blink at me.
The idea of the cute companions is a great one! You could also send her pics of cute outfits (like the dresses you get in the Lunar Festival, some are AWESOME!), and pictures of the landscape (I personally love the sky scene in Ice Crown, where the clouds are always "partying" to reveal the sky, and lightning all over).
Other things she might like is meeting new people, more so with the new PUG system.
Phobos
Phobos
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobos Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Asynjur wrote:OMG! This is so funny! MtnGypsy tweeted this link http://www.savethemurlocs.org/
I WANT THE BLEEDING HEART ACHIEVEMENT!
I lol'ed, big time xD
Phobos
Phobos
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobos Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Now that i finally caught with the last post...
I find it stressful on the PvP servers. I like to PvP but ONLY when I feel like it, not all the time.
I find it stressful when people can't follow instructions, and then they start shouting at you because they died.
But I love the new system. My friends have come to my rescue a couple of times by just voting to kick some one who is pestering the "n00b tank" by trying to teach me how to tank when they can't dps...
Anyway, I am an avid companion collector since before the Achievement craze, back when pets were easier and cheaper in the AH.
But to all of you who have doubts:
The game is very friendly in the sense that it has tons of stuff to do. Its not all about questing (my lvl 53 has done, at the most 50 quests) or killing the other faction (she has 0 deaths, 0 honor points).
You can cook, fish, have 2 professions, collect stuff, get reputation with different factions, meet new people, have fun dieing in dungeons or raids (yes, once they got to know us, my guild was totally ok with wiping (when all the members of the party die) with us, we actually had fun doing that), finding stuff and selling it in the AH (my friends tend to send me their stuff for me to put in the AH, since I love to sell).
Or if you are like me, you can set yourself a goal and solo it. I love my friends but like my alone-time in the game a lot more.
You don't have to do anything at all, except have fun.
Smile
Phobos
Phobos
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:16 am

It's funny that you guys were talking about what classes you thought you'd like playing but ended up liking something else better! That's what happened with me. I thought I'd be interested in a warrior class. But I found it very hard to level and now my warlock is 80 and I love her! I also love paladins (somewhat casting plus up-in-your-face fighting). The hunters are very fun though - one of my favorite classes still.

Since my lock is 80 I've been switching between her (doing heroics, trying to get achievements), the 63 hunter I have on Fizzcrank, and all the odd little oDwarf sisters I made on my sister's server. My sis has an 80 paladin. She leveled it very quickly, and yes, thanks she seems to be enjoying the game.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Trying to finish Children's Week with all my toons. Wasn't sure if I wanted to do all of them, should have started sooner. Right now I'm waiting for hearth stone cool down on a couple toons, while I start running my little level 12 ally priest through it all on foot, LOL. She's scared!
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:50 pm

This Real ID controversy concerns me. They announced Real ID will be mandatory for posting on the WoW forum in the near future, i.e. using your real name (linking your name to your character will be optional). Blizzard says it's to cut down on trolling in the forums, which is complete bullshit, it's all about marketing opportunities, including a deal with Facebook, who knows what the details are of that. The fact that Blizzard merged with another company not long ago might have something to do with the change in attitude, too. If the Real ID thing stays to just the forum, that's fine, but one employee has eluded to the idea they have "big plans" for battle.net/real ID in the future. Blizzard seems to think this is their ticket into the lucrative "social gaming" market. It never ceases to amaze me how little gaming companies know about what their customers.

Of course the WoW forum has gone completely nuts with the announcement that posting with your real name will become mandatory. And the forum pages will still be viewable by anyone, you don't have to sign up to see other people's names, you can just google a name and people's posts, prospective employers will see you game, etc. Many forum members are vehemently opposed, with some saying it's no big deal.

Yesterday, to show it was safe, a Blizzard employee posted his real name. Good idea, right.. Within 5 minutes, he (or some unfortunately fellow who happened to have the same name and live near one of the Blizzard offices) was being harassed mercilessly, within half an hour his Facebook page had been taken down. And then later Blizzard announced that employees would not be subject to the same real ID rule for security reasons! Brilliant, just brilliant.

Blizzard's claim that this will somehow improve the forums is already shown to be ridiculous, as all of the forum leaders (moderators that are not employees) have said they will stop using the forums. As well as many people who make add ons (which they will no longer update), and some have said they will just quit WoW entirely if Blizzard goes live with this idea of using real ID on the forums.

If it ever comes to just playing WoW alone will make your name available, I'm out. I was looking forward to Cataclysm, now I don't know what to think. I joined WoW for the security of a big game after my experience with GoPets. Oh, well, maybe if I stop online gaming there's still time to make something of my life, LOL.

Edit: Someone said that employees will still be posting their names, that policy didn't change. Sounds like it may have been a rumor.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:03 pm

They're backing down! "As a result of those discussions, we've decided at this time that real names will not be required for posting on official Blizzard forums." and "I want to make sure it's clear that our plans for the forums are completely separate from our plans for the optional in-game Real ID system now live with World of Warcraft and launching soon with StarCraft II." Still not sure what they ultimately have in mind, but for now I can breath a sigh of relief, should have my characters for quite a while still (no game lasts forever!)
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:52 pm

I was already having problems coming back to WoW (money+time sink). I've been away for several months and I feel free of it. I do think about it occasionally but I still don't want to come back. Cataclysm is coming out and that's what, $30 or so plus $15 a month...just not going to be able to do that. My sister started playing right before the time I stopped. She played on for awhile but has also stopped. She plans to come back when Cataclysm comes out but I'm not sure if I'm going to join everyone in that.

This Real ID thing also really bugged me. I agree with what Asynjur said that they said it'd put a stop to trolls on the forums. That's really a bunch of crap.

With WoW you sometimes NEED to post to the forum for support, etc. They're alienating a lot of folks if they implement the Real ID thing. You said they've backed down and hopefully it will stay that way.

However, the Real ID thing is implemented in game. My sister said that someone wanted to friend her and it offered her to use the Real ID and her real name. She was thinking about it with this friend, until she realized that HIS friends could see her name too. So she declined its use.

I would not use it at all. I've had this one person I became friends with. We played together for MONTHS with no issues. Then this one time maybe he was drinking or something and he just flipped. We dropped him from our guild and I was so shocked. I couldn't speak to him for quite some time after that. He apologized later and said he'd been drinking and don't remember what happened, but I wasn't able to trust him after that. Later he just got weird sometimes and I just felt I didn't want to hang out with him anymore. Once someone has your name that's it. So I don't want to take any chances on having my name shared out to the world, for my safety and my family's.

It's going to take a lot to get me back into WoW.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:15 pm

I believe someone at Blizzard claimed it wouldn't be made mandatory in game. They may stick with that just because they'd lose too much business making it mandatory. But the fact they haven't added privacy settings to address the "friends of friends" issue doesn't inspire confidence. It doesn't affect me because I wasn't tempted to put in my real name, I never use my name, not even on Facebook. It's just been a pain for people who are too trusting, used it in game and believed their names would only be shared with the good friends they chose.

I hope to play WoW for a couple years yet. It saves me money over games like Pet Society, that dangle so many items in front of you if you'll only fork over real cash, and if you don't make it a point to add up how much you're spending you can do really stupid things. But WoW only costs me $15 to play month after month, and if we spring for extra items that's a joint decision with my husband (don't do it very often). I think they'll stick with their policy that pay items never affect game play, since they'd have a mass exodus if they abandoned it. If the game ever becomes about who sticks the most quarters into the game, rather than rewarding in game accomplishments, I imagine most people would feel no reason to play.

It's true that Blizzard hasn't been the same since the forced merger with Activision. But I realized if I only dealt with companies I trusted, I wouldn't have a phone or a car or ever eat at a restaurant, basically I'd be out in the woods in a log cabin I built with my own hands--not gonna happen, LOL. So I'll keep playing until/unless something happens that makes me feel too uncomfortable or unsafe, and I have to leave. I'm hoping they realize how negatively such a move would affect their cash flow, and not go there.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Oh, in happier news, the scuttlebutt is that hunters will be able to adopt a lot more pets in Cataclysm. So I decided I don't have to be so worried about using up my stable slots. My 48 belf adopted a red hyena, and my level 25 tauren adopted a pale tortoise. Not sure about the names yet, I'll make a final decision after I've fought with them a little more and have a feel for their personalities. I use a little program called Pet Emote that has different emotes for each breed of pet, sometimes amusing, so it will be fun seeing what they have for hyena and turtle. My ally hunter would adopt something new, too, but she wants a firefly so she's waiting until she gets to Outland. She'll have to wait her turn, though, since I'm currently leveling my warrior to 80 (she's 61 now).
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:53 pm

That's really nice to hear about hunters. A reason why some folks pick hunters is to have a choice of pets!! And who doesn't love the thrill of waiting around for a rare, only to find it and tame it? Yep that's exciting stuff for a hunter. But having a limit on the pets you could tame wasn't fun.

Wow you got a warrior to 61? Impressive. I gave up on my ZombieLisa at level 71. It was too hard to solo for me alone.

Here's the link to the forum post by the Blizz spokesman saying they won't go to Real ID for forums after all....
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Anyone know where I can preorder Cataclysm Collector's Edition?

Edit: OK, preordered from GameStop. I've never used them before, it seemed odd they didn't ask for the 3 numbers on the back of my charge card. It says it's preordered, though. Would have gotten extras for gifts, but only 2 per household.

2nd Edit: Up at Amazon, too, now. I could order from more than one place and try to get a couple for presents. Thinking about it.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:27 pm

I'm not sure if or when I'll be back to WoW. I really want to jump in with Cataclysm, but with me being without a job for so long, the price of the game + $15 a month is really hard to do. I really want to play, but I also really want to get out of the small amount of credit card debt I have (big amount when I'm not working!) and adding $15 a month does not help.

I might stick with free games for awhile and see how I do. I will miss my warlock and will have a lot of catching up to do if I do join at a later point.

Really struggling with this.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:48 pm

I think of WoW as something you can do or not do at any time. They're still not ready to put any kind of date on Cataclysm. And when it does hit, so many people online you can barely play, I won't try to get near any new content for 6 months, LOL. Thankfully your characters are always there to work on again if you come back. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with finances, hope things pick up for you soon.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:21 am

Yeah I agree, and with my main being on a PvP server, jamming in there on the first days, weeks and months will only lead to frustration from getting killed.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm attached to my Warcraft characters and I'd like to get into Cataclysm, but I'm finding that difficult.

One of my main motivations for WoW has always been the vanity pets. But Blizzard seems to be taking a different approach to the small pets now. For example, there are more pets you can buy with cash, but not only does that cost money, it's not as satisfying as working for the pet. I didn't mind countless hours killing mobs, camping rare spawns or doing repetitive dailies, because I liked the reward and it felt like I'd accomplished something. And speaking of accomplishments, they've steadfastly refused to add a 100 pet acheivement. Why not? People have been screaming and begging for one, why not just add a title or something and make people happy? Also, I don't like the new guild rewards system, and some of the rewards are pets. To get anything I'd have to leave my own little guild I run for friends, and join a mega guild. It feels like Blizzard is trying to force the customers to play a certain way, rather than work towards accommodating casual players more. It's like they're trying to get rid of us! I haven't tried archeology yet, but from what I've heard it doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

I play a lot of toons, and learning new spells and rotations for all of the classes is daunting. Of course this is true of any big change with the classes. Blizzyboo suggested the new Stormwind cooking and fishing dailies, as a way to get my lower toons leveling without having to learn all their spells all at once. It's nice they have low level dailies now, and I've done that some, but it's not making me excited to log into WoW. It's boring, and there's so much running around for my lower levels without flying mounts, it bothers my arthritis and such if I try to do the quests with several characters on the same day. It's something I don't mind so much when I'm working for a vanity pet, but not for this (and if Stormwind is bad I'm guessing Orgrimmar is worse!) And what I've seen of the new questing areas doesn't motivate me. The quests are the same ol' same ol' kill some of them, collect some of that. And now they have phased areas and mini movies, both things I don't like.

Plus there are a few random things, not necessarily that I'd criticize Blizzard, but still annoying in terms of my personal experience with the game. My only interest in a new character for Cata--I was really only interested in making a worgen shaman, but it turns out worgen can't be shaman (goblins got that class, I guess they're more earthy, LOL). And my red hyena hunter pet turned into a mastif dog! I guess there is one low level red hyena I can get to replace him, but only one, it's a rare spawn. And I need a name for a mastif, LOL (the name of my hyena just isn't fitting for him!)

The news stories say Cataclysm has been the most successful expansion in terms of sales, but it seemed like the servers were never as crowded as they were when Lich King launched (I'm going by what Thomas has said, since I wasn't trying to play right then). So I wonder if people weren't that interested once they had a look?
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:46 pm

I eventually got into Cataclysm and found things I like about it. WoW really has more content than ever for casual players. More achievements, more vanity pets, more mounts, they've expanded and changed the Darkmoon faire, they seem to be adding more to holidays each time they come around. Archeology is a new secondary profession that can get you some cute stuff. You get xp from archeology, herbalism and mining now, one reason leveling goes faster. There's a dungeon finder that can put you into a random dungeon group, so you can run a dungeon any time without having to gather the people yourself (and they use people from multiple servers so you get a group fairly quickly). I don't play dungeons a lot, but I am somewhat comfortable running them with a couple of my characters at this point. Of course the random dungeon groups can be chaos, but if you come into it with a sense of humor, it's cool. In a recent patch they even added a raid finder (not that I'd try it myself, just sayin').
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Just FYI, Warcraft has a scroll of resurrection promo going, you can get a boost of one character to level 80, and 7 free days of play.

More info has come out about the next expansion, Mists of Pandaria. Not sure when it will be out, no date announced. For those who don't know, the new race Pandaren are humanoid pandas. The new zone is inspired by Asian architecture, the screenshots I've seen are gorgeous. The pandaren start out neutral, and you pick Alliance or Horde at the end of a questline. There's a new class, monk. Here are some pics of pandaren gals from the beta server (red panda is also an option, in case the color and tails on some of these are confusing you) -
http://wow.joystiq.com/photos/female-pandaren-customization#4911686
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2