Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 4 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 4 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for info on FooPets..?

+12
yew
niquae
Cakefun
ZaphodBeeblebrox
KittyJuan
crystalpower
stooooooph
pandas07
Daeninn
AndyShaeff
Miticante
Asynjur
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking for info on FooPets..?

Post by Phobos Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:44 pm

AH!
Got cha!
I'll go ahead and post her for sale...
Anyone wants a cheap long-haired silver female?
Phobos
Phobos
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking for info on FooPets..?

Post by treguld Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Asynjur wrote:No offense, but I absolutely hate it when people don't let visitors feed and water pets. You're checking them every day now, but what if you have computer trouble or whatever and can't get on? It doesn't reduce your karma at all for other people to feed your pets, you can still feed them as often as you like. If I ever try to browse pets, there are tons that need food and water, and those people who make it so I can't feed so I have to leave the pet distressed--I just hate it. I really do.

I actually only did this when I had people complain about how nice I was taking care of their pets. Sometimes I would be the only one caring for the poor critters for days. Then to have their owners complain to me that I was doing a better job than them. So to show them they "could" stop others from taking care of their pets I did this option. Also, if I'm unable to use my computer to get there, I have several back up places to go where I can board my pets until my computer is up and runnning. Sure the bond bar goes to hell, but in real life you pet doesn't unbond with you when your gone a week or two. Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 4 Herz I am sorry that that does upset you though. Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 4 Icon_neutral I guess I could take off that option now. Since the idiots that gave me flak are now gone along with their pets. Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 4 87722
treguld
treguld
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Treguld, I'm glad the people who were giving you flak are gone! Andy has gotten that, too, people who complain he is messing up their "feeding" schedule--more like a "starving" schedule! And it is stupid to complain given they could just change the options. People can be so odd. It's sad, but I try to avoid making friends on FooPets.

Phobos, good luck selling your cat! Smile
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:06 am

Asynjur wrote:Treguld, I'm glad the people who were giving you flak are gone! Andy has gotten that, too, people who complain he is messing up their "feeding" schedule--more like a "starving" schedule! And it is stupid to complain given they could just change the options. People can be so odd. It's sad, but I try to avoid making friends on FooPets.

Phobos, good luck selling your cat! Smile

Agreed. Honestly Treguld if anyone feeds my catz I am tickled to death!
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Stephen Colbert ripped into FooPets the other night! It was funny. His main target was Kwedit, a site that he described as letting kids go into debt just like their parents! He said the site claims this is a great way to teach your kids financial responsibility, but it sounds like just the opposite--one option is to send an email to your relatives asking them to pay your debt. That's just what I want kids to learn, how to mooch off relatives, LOL. Colbert said it's like digging a shallow grave with your children to teach them murder is wrong.

Then he used FooPets as an example of a site that will take the Kwedit bucks. He made it sound like you have to pay real money for food or your pets will die, although you can still pay for food with the free FooGems. But after looking at the FooPets website yesterday, they're the ones being misleading on this--the Kwedit banner at the top of the page says "Feed Your FooPet with 50 FooDollars from Kwedit". So FooPets itself is trying to make you think you should use FooDollars so they'll make more money. (Although there's another banner in the rotation that just says, "Woof! Meow! Quack? 50 FooDollars for you from Kwedit".) Colbert also talked about a virtual doghouse that cost $400 real dollars, and compared it to a real doghouse that only cost $50. I couldn't find that particular one, but I know they have a ton of perversely pricey items.

But I'm afraid in spite of all his negative comments, the net effect was probably that a bunch of people went to the site made new FooPets, played for 5 minutes, realized there's nothing to do on the website, and then abandoned the newly created pets forever. It's crazy that abandoned pets don't go into the rotation for new pet owners, but instead have to be bought by people who already play. The FooPets company owner was apparently happy about the publicity, I only knew to catch the repeat of the show because they tweeted about the mention on Colbert and how it was completely unexpected.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 pm

I love watching Colbert so I saw the report on Foopets too. Honestly, the Kwedit thing sounds completely insane! Can you imagine how embarassing it would be if your kid sent out e-mails to everyone on your contact list asking them to help pay for dog food for their virtual puppy?
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu May 06, 2010 11:50 pm

If anyone plays FooPets, and the new user interface is driving you crazy, you can use the simplified mobile phone version on the internet here -

http://m.foopets.com/play

It doesn't have backgrounds or most of the animations, but it's good if you don't have time on a particular day and want to quickly care for your pets.

The friends link on that page only shows your "favorite" friends, so if you want friends to be linked there, go to the Friends tab on the regular website and click "Fave" on the friends you want to show.

To get the new daily lotto, you need to use the regular website.

By the way, I dropped even more friends, only care for a few pets anymore. If you have an account and don't use it, consider deleting your account so your pet(s) can go to the shelter for a chance at re-adoption.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Foo has added a "feature"--you need to walk the dog and scoop up after your pets every 24 hours. I'm not liking this, and it's impossible for people with a lot of pets because it takes too long (plus the dog walk app isn't working for a lot of people). This idea that they want to be "realistic" is dumb, it's not like a
virtual cat is going to curl up in your lap and purr like a real cat. I'm hanging on for now and hoping they'll make it easier. And I'd just started to like Foo again since the mobile link makes it so fast, I even adopted a shelter kitty recently, now they spring this on us. Sad
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:02 pm

In case anyone cares, FooPets is pretty much circling the drain. They've been making desperation moves to try to bring in cash, lost much of their staff, and other changes in the last year. Yesterday they announced they're going subscription only. I have no problem with the idea of sub only, but they've made a series of changes in the last couple weeks that seem designed to piss off every last one of their customers.

They've stopped player to player sales, you now sell the puppies and kittens from your litters to a new "adoption center" that then resells them (I can't imagine why anyone would breed just to do that?) They made this change *before* announcing they'd go sub only, so people who now know they can't stay because they can't pay the sub, didn't have a chance to sell their pets to friends who are staying. You can't sell items to other players anymore, either, although I believe you can still gift items.

Pets no longer go to the shelter if you don't play, but of course you can't do anything with your pets unless you pay the sub. Doing away with the shelter also meant purging the shelter pets from the system. I just checked one of my dogs, and half the pets on his family tree are NoName and claim they're in the new adoption center, but if you click it just says pet not found.

You can't care for other people's pets unless they're on your friends list (maybe you won't even be able to take care of friend's pets if they don't have a sub, won't know until the change goes into effect later this month). This was a big downer for many players who loved the pet rescue aspect, caring for pets with absent owners. For some this was the main reason they played.

I doubt the players remaining at this point will be enough to sustain the company. Maybe they're just trying to squeeze as much cash as they can out of people before closing the doors. I only bought FooDollars once or twice, but didn't like the direction the game was going and stopped investing anything in it long ago.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:43 pm

Ahh, surprise - surprise, another company that doesn't listen to its players is going under. Will they ever learn?
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:06 am

A friend thinks it's a misguided attempt to cater more to kids.. Who knows what they're thinking...
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri May 20, 2011 1:36 am

Well, the scammers at FooMojo have changed their name to Rivet Games and they have a new game on Facebook, Pet Tales. Meanwhile they are still trying to squeeze ever last dollar they can out of the remaining FooPets players. FooPets is no longer linked to Facebook apparently, but I guess they realized without a constant stream of naive potential customers from Facebook they couldn't keep money flowing in. So they're starting over with a new company name and a new game, but the same pet models. Not the first time Ron Hornbaker has changed to a new company, new name before. It's hard to explain how much this guy has done to alienate customers. Not surprisingly, the Pet Tales game review page on Facebook is one fight after another, as FooPets players chime in trying to warn people the company has no integrity. I was reading for a while and it's sad. But I couldn't help but laugh, trying to figure out the hidden and not so hidden agendas of various people posting.

Interesting note I heard on a forum for ex-FooPets players. One person got herself banned from the Pet Tales page by speaking her mind, without having tried the new game. But she was curious what they were doing with the pets in Pet Tales, so she signed up with her alt Facebook account to take a peek. While she was on, pets visited that were supposedly owned by people on her friends list--but she knew at least some of them weren't, because one pet was from her banned account! So I guess they make up pets that they say your friend's own, so you'll think all your friends are playing?! Apparently the game is in beta and it needs some work, but that's something I find hard to explain away as a bug.

Some game designers are misguided but this Ron Hornbaker, he's not a game designer at all. He's a scam artist. And he's had legal problems because of it, too. It's sad the pets are so adorable! I was tempted to try Pet Tales but I know it's best to just stay away. I have 7 pets on FooPets that I won't see again, because I'm not going to pay a monthly fee. (Although I have nothing against paying a monthly fee for a good game.) Thankfully I know Changeling, Moondust, Arianwen, Holle, Anarchy, Mica and Cerberus aren't stuck in a game, they're having fun all over the internet along with my GoPets. Smile
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum