Facebook Players warning... - Page 2 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Facebook Players warning... - Page 2 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Players warning...

+5
pgourami
MrFritzy
crystalpower
Asynjur
Miticante
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Facebook Players warning... - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook Players warning...

Post by Asynjur Thu May 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Made the mistake of trying to log into Facebook while out of town. They want you to jump through hoops to "confirm your identity" because you're logging in from an "unusual location"--What it asked me to do was identify people from my friends list from tagged photos, just random pictures. I don't know how many it would have asked total, I gave up. Well, 200 people on my friends list are GoPets people I've never met in person, how could I possibly choose the right name when they were tagged in a photo? And you know how people use photo tags, just to draw someone's attention so they see the pic, it isn't even necessarily them. I don't see how anyone on Facebook could pass this test.When I came back home, I had to put in my birth date to confirm my identity due to the "unusual activity" (me trying to log in from the hotel). If I ever moved or change internet service, if they still want you to confirm with that photo tag thing, I'd never get back in. Someone with all real info on Facebook, real name, real birth date, etc, could write to Facebook for help--but with a fake name, you can't ask for help because you'll just get locked out of your account.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Thu May 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Wow, that stinks. Once, I think it was when I put in the wrong password, it gave me that - enter the birthdate due to unusual activity thing. But I wouldn't be able to identify photos either - yikes.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu May 20, 2010 4:55 pm

If they want to improve security, why don't they do what the banks do? I don't have any trouble doing online banking from a new connection or computer, and yet those systems must be pretty secure. Facebook gives your info to everyone and his brother, but they're so high and mighty you have to jump through hoops to get into your own account. When I first mentioned this to my husband he said, "What? Are they afraid someone else will talk to your high school friends?"
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:56 am

Apparently a lot of accounts were kicked off Facebook today, if they had "happypets" or "farmville" in their name. Before Facebook usually didn't notice a fake account unless you reported some kind of bug, then they smashed you. Now they are getting more proactive. It's part of an effort that's been going on for months, to make the site less game oriented. At the point I joined they were getting pretty lax about fake names, and I'd hoped they'd eventually soften the policy. But, no, they are going the other way with it. It's their obsession now to get more real info on people and find all kinds of sneaky ways to share it with partners. I was talking about this with some GoPets people on Facebook, but decided I didn't want to say anything more there so I'm posting it here.

Facebook doesn't want the site to be about games, so they've been putting more restrictions on apps, for instance, it used to be a cute little Pet Society box showing your pet could be on your profile, but now Facebook has taken those game features away. And they don't want you to add friends just for games, I'm guessing this is because they want real demographics that are more prized for various kinds of marketing. I tried to log in on a trip once, I wasn't on my normal connection and ran into a bizarre "security feature" where you had to identify person after person on your friends list from tagged photos, not your own tagged photos, anyone's tagged photo of the person. It could even be a tag in a game screenshot that might come up (games no longer tag photos automatically, another thing they've changed, but all the old ones are tagged, plus people can still tag them manually). This had nothing to do with security--if they cared about security they'd use a login like I use for my bank--it was about punishing people for not knowing people on your friends list. But I could log in again once I was back on my own computer, with just a few facts. Unless this "security feature" is changed, I'll lose my account if I ever need to change internet service (of course I could get kicked off any time at all for the fake name). They want to force you to have all your real info on here so they can sell it to the highest bidder. I don't have any real info on my account, and when they come for me, Sprite will be surfing the web on her own like my GoPets are now. But I'm sure she'll have fun.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:48 pm

It's seemed quiet on Facebook lately, and I ran into a note that might have something to do with it.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154366131286022

Basically it has to do with changing a new setting that is only letting you see people you've recently interacted with. I checked my setting and it was set to show all friends already, possibly because I'd previous had a custom setting in there not the default. But other people may not be seeing my posts, and I can't just post about it on Facebook, because they aren't seeing my posts?! So I'm letting people know here in case you want to check your settings.

Scroll down to the bottom of the newsfeed on the homepage and click on “Edit Options”, click on “Show Posts From” and change the setting to “All Of Your Friends and Pages”
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 am

I wondered what the heck was going on! I would have to go to the Game Requests page and scroll down to see PS posts for the Hideeni roses because almost none were showing up on my regular feed. Thanks for the info!
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:52 pm

I am so sick of memes!!!!!
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2