Pet Society - Page 5 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pet Society - Page 5 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet Society

+8
Phobos
yew
MargoPongo
LittleDende
Daeninn
Miticante
Asynjur
demonesque
12 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Pet Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Pet Society

Post by Miticante Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:30 am

Just like the Fox Plushie. One person will offer one and get a huge price, leading everyone else to trot theirs out, too LOL

I do that too, every once in a while I will ask about a Cheese Hat. I will promptly forget it and everyone else will remember that they wanted one too and it just snowballs.

The trading forum people are really like a box of hamsters, crawlin all over each other (thanks, Berta)
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:50 pm

I'm trying to get a gift chain going in the GP FB Gamers group, please jump in! http://bit.ly/a6HVMr
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Here is my cutie tiger Raja. I put the large tiger plushie in the pet bed, so it looks like he is snuggling up to his Mommy.

Little Raja
Pet Society - Page 5 Petling-RajaBaby3

Raja all grown up
Pet Society - Page 5 Rajainpetbed
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:46 am

Awww, that's sweet!
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:48 pm

What do you think of the new interface and game changes? The inventory is now in categories, which is helpful, particularly with the clothing categories. Some things look worse--like the missing Active tab--but it turns out that's because you get just as many points for visiting an inactive pet as an active one. But they're doing some things to limit your coins and paw points per day now, which is certainly not fun. I also don't like the missing quick links to get to town locations, you have to look at the new map every time.

I'm going to copy/paste from the Pet Society forum official post on it, so this will sound really perky about everything, LOL -

A brand new design Pet Society is now live! So check it out! 🐟

There’s plenty of details on the biggest Pet Society Blog entry to date! Here’s a brief summary of the main changes though:

• The game screen is now wider, so you can see more of the game!
  • New look and layout, be sure to check out the amazing new town map!
  • Friend Street, where you can still find your friend’s houses and bump trees!
  • The Active and Visits tabs have been removed. You can still tell who you have visited as the pink / blue turns to a neutral colour.
  • You receive the same coins no matter who you visit (hence no active tab), the coins for visits are now: 35 coins for your first 50 visits each day, 20 coins for the next 25, and 15 coins thereafter
  • Happiness and Hygiene bars have been removed. Happiness no longer affects your game and Hygiene is shown by flies.
  • You can earn 20 coins and 1 paw point per fly cleaned when washing a pet up to a maximum of 80 coins and 4 paw points.
  • Displayed paw points have been changed, so don’t worry if yours appear lower than normal, at each level the paw points number goes back to zero and counts up to the amount needed to reach the next level.
  • A brand new Books tab! For your tutorial, cooking and sticker books, removing those other icons from your screen!
  • The Chest and Wardrobe are now split into categories!!! :energetic:
  • And finally a 3000 coins gift from the Mayor! :love:

Be sure to let us know what you think!

Please post all discussion / comments / feedback / questions / etc about this update here! All other threads regarding the update may be merged here! Wink

Bugs reported to Playfish:

• Many level 47 pets have paw points showing as over 2 billion.
  • Bug with screen view once returning from full screen mode. link

This post is here - http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=1722448

I didn't get 3000 coins when I logged in, so I don't know when that gift from the mayor comes.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:41 pm

The gift should have come when you logged on.

I love the new inventory, I hate that they have retarded my ability to make coins. I don't mind the new UI, other than fracking up my coinage Razz

I predict new and more plentiful hacks in the future.
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:13 pm

OK, I got the 3000 coins after the day change, yeah! I'll just repost what I said about the changes in the official thread -

I voted some good/some bad. Part of it is just getting used to something new, but some things really aren't good.

Inventory tabs--The clothing categories are good, thanks! The other inventory categories should be changed to be more useful. Many things don't make sense--seeds are in furniture, for example, maybe they should be in a plant category. I don't think fish need their own tab, some people don't even fish. Wallpapers and floors together would be good.

Inventory arrows mouse over problem--The fact that "Next Page" and "Previous Page" show in a mouse over is obscuring 2 items in your chest on every page. Instead of just flipping through quickly like I could before, I now have to move my mouse off the arrow to make sure I'm seeing everything, then move it back on to go to the next page. (I know there are other ways to find specific items. But often I'm just paging through to find anything that might look good in the room I'm decorating, or I'm looking for any 999, etc.)

Missing shortcuts--I really don't want to go to a map every time just to get home!!! That's crazy. Also miss the town location shortcuts.

Camera--I like the new Room & Pet option at home, thanks! A couple comments on the Scene option, even though the new screen is wider, the Scene crops out the right edge and be narrow like the old screen. Also, why can't we have the scene option at home? (I've always wondered about this.)

Flies--I don't like Sprite to ever have flies. I want to know when she's getting close to having flies, so I can prevent it. Plus pets are just getting too many flies now, it's inhumane!

Visits tab missing--Not only did it make things simple for finishing your visits, it helped new players get the idea that visiting friends is what Pet Society is all about. Smile

Payout changes--I haven't fully reviewed these, but it seems like you're reversing all the extra coins we were getting?? Unless prices go down, the overall situation seems to be worse.

Arrows at the stores--It takes too long to look through the stores now, the fast arrow is
gone. Why? Want to discourage us from buying?

Why not make Chest and Wardrobe tabs, like Books and Friends? This would give you room to put the home and shop shortcuts back.

I'd also like to suggest a feature I've always wanted--A search to find friends on your friends list, the way you can find a particular friend when you send a present. Why should I have to tab through everyone and try to remember my best friends pet level just to see if she's redecorated?

My secret garden trees are no longer in the dirt mounds, just checked when I saw someone's comment. And I preferred the smaller size for the secret garden and tree house.

Two comments I just thought of now:
- I like that you can save in any screen, not just at home.
- I don't like not following Sprite, though. I liked being able to see what she's up to without using the arrows all the time.

And there's a comment I keep seeing the Pet Society forum that I think is funny. They say the new graphics look like a kid's game, which I think is amusing because what about Pet Society didn't look like a kid's game?! But I do agree that there's no reason for a change in the graphics style. The new silly little map isn't the same style as the old map, which is still available for people to shake coins from trees.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Trying to get more people involved in our GP FB Gamers gift chain!

Pet Society gift chain: http://bit.ly/bYcvth

I wish I could get more people going with this, including lower level people--you don't have to give something fancy, just appropriate for your level. Maybe just not enough people seeing it. I hate that it doesn't bump to the top of the page the way a thread on a forum does. I keep reposting the link on my own profile but don't know what else to do. Any ideas?
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:05 pm

I joined the gift chain. Be sure to let me know when someone posts or they might never get their stuff, lol.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:17 pm

If you check your Facebook notices, it should tell you the next time someone posts.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Asynjur wrote:If you check your Facebook notices, it should tell you the next time someone posts.

I can't make heads or tails of my Facebook notices most of the time - too many people playing too many other games. I'll try though.

That comment about the new “kid’s game” look is pretty funny. Wasn’t exactly WOW before. I am fine with most of the new changes. I do find the categories in the chest quite annoying though. Definitely need a wallpaper/floor category, and they need to put the rest of the stuff in a misc category – doesn’t make sense to have to go back and search thru “All” just because something didn’t fit their definition of “furniture”. Maybe they just haven’t had time to assign everything to a category yet.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:50 pm

I haven't gotten game notices since March 1 (when Facebook said they would cut them off). My notices are telling me about posts made by people. But they could be more informative, now that you mention it. The replies for the GP FB Gamers wall post just say it's a reply to my "wall post" but doesn't tell me what wall it was posted on, why not tell me the group name? You have to click to see what it's an actually reply to.

The new Pet Society program, yeah, the clothing categories are helpful, but the inventory ones aren't. Seeds are in furniture, LOL. A separate category for fish--some people don't even fish, what a waste. (And that button has a plant on it, too, like they couldn't decide what to put there until the last minute. Why not just wait a week or two if you haven't decided what to do yet? No one even knew an interface change was coming, so no reason for a deadline. I just don't get these game companies, LOL.)
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm so happy to see all the new Wizard of Oz stuff - I'm a big fan. So, now little Gumdrop will probably be Dorothy forever, lol.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:59 pm

As long as she's happy! Have you named a petling Toto?

I just found out there's still an odd little way to tell which pets are active. On your friends list active pets have open eyes, inactive pets have eyes closed. Pet Society - Page 5 Icon_eek
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:37 am

momtomaeghan wrote:I joined the gift chain. Be sure to let me know when someone posts or they might never get their stuff, lol.

Someone asked for your Cactus Baby Smile - http://bit.ly/bYcvth
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:43 am

Asynjur wrote:As long as she's happy! Have you named a petling Toto?

I just found out there's still an odd little way to tell which pets are active. On your friends list active pets have open eyes, inactive pets have eyes closed. Pet Society - Page 5 Icon_eek

No Toto yet, but that's a great idea!

Thought I'd share a couple pics:
Twin Dorothys - Dae Dae & Gumdrop
Pet Society - Page 5 Dorothy-DaeDaeGumdrop

Raja's new little sister Siberia
Pet Society - Page 5 RajaSiberia4
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Miti - I was using your PS feed link:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter=app_11609831134

But now it gives me all the other stuff besides PS. How do I just get the PS feed?

Also, I made a new room (one of the large ones) in my house and now all my mail/gifts go there instead of to my original main room. Can I change where they go?
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Wow, the interface update was just the start. They are completely changing the landscape of Pet Society. They are getting rid of 4999s so people can't use them for trading. And I don't like the massive spamming of everyone's wall to give gifts. Now I see this person posted to that person's wall, over and over, all over my news page. Why can't we just post to our own homepage like before..? It was easy enough for people to collect bonuses from the newsfeed. Sad
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Wow - are they giving people time to turn in their 4999s and get coins for them before they change that? Cause if I had lots and lots of 4999s and suddenly they weren't worth anything I'd be mad.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:12 am

momtomaeghan wrote:Wow - are they giving people time to turn in their 4999s and get coins for them before they change that? Cause if I had lots and lots of 4999s and suddenly they weren't worth anything I'd be mad.

Yes, they're giving people a 2 week window I think--but not until the Red Bubble Chairs and Princess Beds go off sale price by being taken out of the store (right now you only get 2499 coins when you sell them, 1/3 of the current clearance sale price). You'll be able to cash 4999s in for 4999 from around March 25 to around April 8. Playfish hadn't originally considered this, but I guess with the uproar they decided they had to do something. Of course people are still angry their usual trading currency is now gone. I get the feeling Playfish does this once and a while to try to cut down on trading, but it's pointless, people will find something else to use as currency.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Not only that....there are sooooo many *4999's floating around right now from hacked coinage. It was the same way long ago, with jukeboxes and old lip sofas. Most alive today were the product of old hacks.

They are forcing peeps to cash them in, or lose.
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:19 am

The discounted stuff that is randomly scattered thru the luxury store (the signs don't say "Clearance Sale" or "This Week's Special", they just have a marked down price) - will that stuff be out of stores after Sunday? Trying to see what I should spend my coins on.

Oh, and another question (what did y'all do over here in this thread before me and all my questions???) - I remember someone said you can use the offline Miti method to get a petling that looks a certain way. How exactly does that work? I want to make sure my Toto dog looks something like Toto.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:44 pm

If it doesn't say clearance, it won't leave this week. But it sounds like it will go on clearance next week. (Sometimes they just have stuff for sale and don't remove it, I know because I got my bathtub that way! But I get the feeling in this case the rest of the sale stuff is also going clearance, just taking another week.)

Petling screening - After you load Pet Society, go to your browser menu and click "Work Offline". Then go to the store and buy the petling, take it home and feed it (I have the foods in my inventory already). If it pops up with a look you don't like, close Pet Society without going online and saving. The game doesn't even you know you bought a petling! If, on the other hand, you like the petling--turn off "Work Offline" in your browser so you are back online again, type in the name you want for the petling, then save the game or just keep playing. Smile
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Asynjur is right about the Clearance and Petlings lol

You'll see the stuff in the Lux store on Official Clearance next week. They do this pretty often to kind of give you a heads-up as to what will be *poofing* next week. I did finally buy that 5K wallpaper, I am so glad I didn't buy it before. Pet Society - Page 5 87722
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Wow - so much new stuff this week! Off to start hugging and cleaning pets so I have enough coins!
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next