Pet Society Trading Thread - Page 3 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pet Society Trading Thread - Page 3 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet Society Trading Thread

+7
MargoPongo
momtomaeghan
tenissball
yew
Miticante
cyerly
Asynjur
11 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pet Society Trading Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Pet Society Trading Thread

Post by Asynjur Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:43 pm

If anyone has spare Easter items they'd like to trade, let me know. I'm sure the new Easter items will be cute, but there must be old stuff that won't come out again. So eggs, baskets, whatever, I'd be happy to pay with something you like. (Hmmm, I hope they come out with a new bunny petling for Easter, that would be adorable!)
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tenissball Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 am

I am looking for dwarf 6 and am willing to trade (all of the items are from the snow white eggs) any of the following for it: white bunny, dwarf 5, cute red squirrel, dwarf 1, magic mirror

Thanks

EDIT: thanks Asyngur for gifting it to me!

Last edited by tenissball on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

tenissball
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Just wondering - how do you pay another player for something in Pet Society? I take it you can't transfer coins, right? So, if someone didn't want anything you have to trade, is there a way to pay them?
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:11 am

Trading is confusing as heck, so I have this thing I paste in when people ask now, LOL, put together from messages I've sent people when they asked --

It's confusing, and took me a few months to figure out what was going on! You can't send coins in this game. Some people will take items you can buy in trade, like mystery boxes or flower seeds, but most people will only take 999s and 4999s as currancy.

999s are items you sometimes win from gold mystery boxes, that sell for 999 coins when you use that cash register icon by your inventory to sell them. 4999s are items that resell at the register icon for 4999 coins, they are only 2 things and they sell in the store for 15000. You can just buy them, but most people get them by trading 999s

I wanted some kind of rare items, I figured I'd need some of the local currency to get into trading. So I bought some playfish cash (CC) with real money, and traded it for 4999s. But you can't send playfish cash, either! So people had to tell me which items they wanted from the cash shop--and they can only be gifted at time of purchase, if you screw up and don't use the gift button when you buy it, you are stuck with it yourself.

Another thing you will see is IS. That means in store coin, or the regular gold coins in the game. But since you can't send them, you have to again tell people the list of things to buy for trade.

It helps scare off scammers if you post everything publicly. No one has scammed me, they've always sent their side, although some people did give me low prices at first, but I knew that, I wanted to get some VMs because I was just getting started. VM means visitor message, it's to you like a private massage on a forum except everyone can see it on your profile, so people use it like eBay feedback post stuff like "fast safe trade!" Since you don't have any VMs to start with, people will want you to send first.

But as I said I haven't been scammed, it happens, but most trades, people have established threads and you know they aren't scamming. There's also a safe traders list but I never check it - http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=91351

Going to add--there's another thing people do sometimes on the Pet Society forum to be safe, like if two people who are new to trading and don't have a lot of VMs want to trade with each other but don't want to risk being scammed----use a safe trader. Instead of giving the item to the person directly and them giving to you, you use someone designated as a safe trader, like from the safe trader list, and both send to that person and they send the items on only when they have both sides, so no one can get hurt. An honest trader won't object to this. You can post a thread in the trade forum asking for a safe trader volunteer to help you.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:56 am

Asynjur has pretty well covered it..

There's no easy way to get *4999's or *999's other than plain old hard work or have unclonable goods LOL

Fox Plushies are crazy high right now so I sold off three. They appear to be the only not-cloned item.

There were so many hacked *4999's right now that the prices for things are crazy. It's a good time to sell but not to buy.

CC Trading can be rewarding if a bit risky. Even if you're new, the forum policy is for the buyer of the CC to send first. Current pricing is 2*4999 per 1 CC...because of the hack. You will see the odd seller selling for 1:1 but that's pretty rare.

The two ways to get *4999 are like Asynjur said...trade appx 8000 IS coins for one or buy GMB and hope for *999's. They trade out at 6:1 for most traders.
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:09 am

It shifts depending on market conditions. When I first started trading not long ago most people used 1 CC = 1*4999 or 1 CC = 1 1/2 *4999. But it jumped to 1 CC = 2*4999 when there was a ton of cash items all disappearing, the Valentines CC items plus the clearance CC items--people needed CC quick before those were removed. Demand went up, price went up. It will probably slowly shift a little lower again. (So if you intend to sell CC to get 4999s for trade, now would be a good time!)
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:02 am

Thanks for all the info. Wow, seems like a very complicated system. I'll definitely come to you gals for advice if I ever want to do some trading!
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Pet Society makes it hard on purpose, so people will have to spend every waking moment on the computer and buy one million mystery boxes to get what they want! I don't like it. Not only should they allow people to send coins, but I think games should also have tools for safe trading, like COD, auction house, etc. And gift giving shouldn't be such a pain, either, can't send multiples at the same time.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by yew Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:25 am

Miticante wrote:Oh! There is something I am looking for. A couple of the first day candies from the Gift Box?

Is it the "I Love Chocolate box" and "Valentine Chocolates" box you are referring to?
yew
yew
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:55 pm

yew wrote:
Miticante wrote:Oh! There is something I am looking for. A couple of the first day candies from the Gift Box?

Is it the "I Love Chocolate box" and "Valentine Chocolates" box you are referring to?

Yes, those boxes lol.

Asynjur, It's just easier for me to buy hacked MB items. It saves a ton of money LOL
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:40 pm

So PS has a problem with hacking/cloning? What's the scoop?
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by yew Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:17 am

Miticante wrote:
yew wrote:

Yes, those boxes lol.

Asynjur, It's just easier for me to buy hacked MB items. It saves a ton of money LOL

I've taken a picture of all the chocolates from those boxes. Which are the chocolates that you don't have? Sorry I couldn't remember the sequence. Razz

Pet Society Trading Thread - Page 3 Captur10
yew
yew
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:38 am

momtomaeghan wrote:So PS has a problem with hacking/cloning? What's the scoop?

There's a lively community of hackers on PS lol. They hacked old shop goods and that is why we are enjoying great prices on really old items.

The black cat plushie I sent you used to go for 120 *4999. It now sells for a few *999's Pet Society Trading Thread - Page 3 Icon_twisted The only things that can't be hacked are the cash items and the fox plushie. The gamer in me hates the hacking but the buyer in me loves it...

They also find new coin cheats constantly. That's why so many *4999's are on the market today.

Ms Yew, I will look today to see which chocolate I am missing, thank you!
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:43 pm

So now my #1 mission will be to get the fox plushie, lol. What do I need to buy it on the forum? I still don't quite get the whole 4999/999 system. Do people buy the 4999 items for coins in the regular shop (for the 15,000) then send them as payment? Does anyone trade for cash shop items (are they all giftable)?
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Most of the *4999's available today are from a coin hack, since that's the only way to "move money" as it were.

Fox plushies go for 40-50 *4999's currently but I haven't checked in the past day. Some will trade for CC, appx 20-25CC per plushie

None of the big rooms are sendable, nor is the tiger petling. Most of the other stuff is sendable.
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Sigh even if that was a very good explanation of the trade thing i am still lost lol.So could anyone pls tell me how many *999 or *4999 i would need to get the new cash wig?
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by betzy809 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:15 pm

noooooo dae you made the 2010 post i think T.T
betzy809
betzy809
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miticante Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Daeninn wrote:Sigh even if that was a very good explanation of the trade thing i am still lost lol.So could anyone pls tell me how many *999 or *4999 i would need to get the new cash wig?

Not on PS at the moment, how much is the wig in CC?

2*4999 per CC or usually 16*999 per CC. You will find some lower if you haunt the forum but you have to be fast
Miticante
Miticante
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:31 am

My advice if you want to get into trading on the Pet Society forum, do some small trades first to get your feet wet. Most people expect you to be available to trade when you post, so trade when you're going to be online for a while, and check back often. Smile

It will help you feel out what people expect in a trade, and start to build good VMs on your profile. People use VMs (visitor messages) on your forum profile to thank people for safe trades, and in the process you build a good trading reputation. In most cases, the person with less VMs will send their part of the trade first. If you have a Playfish forum login you can see the VMs on my profile for example.
http://forum.playfish.com/member.php?u=304352

There are traders who have threads like shopping malls, you can get stuff you never thought you'd have for just a couple 999s. And they have a well established reputation so you won't get ripped off, so it's one way to start. Just be patient because it takes time to do each trade and there are usually people ahead of you.

Or post your own thread--one good thing to do is trade some of your 999s for 4999s. You have to offer to send first since you're starting with no VMs (this is another reason you want to start with small trades). Since it's not specific goods, you're apt to get a reply. And then you'll have some 4999s to use for other trades, plus you get VMs and build a good reputation. (Be sure to leave a VM for the person you traded with, too!) The ratio is around 1*4999 = 6*999, but it can vary a little from week to week and person to person.

And here's the link to the Trade forum - http://forum.playfish.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:00 pm

I'm afraid to dip my toe in the trading forum, lol, but I guess I've got to do it sooner or later.

I'm going to post offering to trade CCs for a fox plushie and a Valentine Tree Seed. I think I'll offer 20 CC for the fox, but how many CC should I offer for the Valentine Tree Seed? (Is that the tree that grows the love cherries that get you the valentines heart fish?)

Edit: Also want to make sure I'm opening the right Mystery Boxes to get 999s. Are they the dark blue ones that sell for 200 coins? I've been opening them with Miti's offline method (thank goodness for that) but I haven't gotten any of the items on the "999 Items" post yet.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:38 pm

You only get 999 items in the 500 coin mystery box, the gold one.

Valentine seed, yes that's the love cherries. I just saw one go for free (someone sent as a gift to the person who was looking for it) and another go for 1*4999. That would make it less than 1 CC, or at the most 1 or 2, but that can be difficult since you can't trade CC directly, and have to trade for enough to buy an item the person wants. Probably better to trade items for it, or, if you just want the fish, we can all send you cherries to try for it (once they finally added the love fish to the game, I got it the first time I fished with the cherries!)

There are some scams with the fox, since it's just about the most expensive tradable item. You might not want to risk sending real money first, but people might not be comfortable sending something worth as much as the fox to you first if you have no VMs. I'd start with a small trade instead. Up to you. Good luck whatever you decide. Smile
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:02 am

I have an alien mask, let me know if you're looking for one and want to trade for it.

Also, I'm looking for a cow! Moooooo!
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:34 am

OK, so my first attempt at trading is sucking, lol. I posted to the Trade Forum, but when I go to the Trade Forum I can't find my post. If I do a Search though it shows my post and says it's in the Trade Forum.

Then 2 people responded with offers but almost immediately withdrew them. What the heck?

Edit: OK, found my post - it's already bumped down to page 2.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:46 am

Constant bumping is the norm!

Sometimes offers only last 10 minutes, people expect you to be online and ready to trade. You need to bookmark your thread, or check your thread subscriptions http://forum.playfish.com/subscription.php (it's in the quick links at the top of the forum).

Edit: people bump other people's threads all the time, too, so I just bumped you!

Edit again: Now that I see your thread, I don't know why they withdrew so fast. Usually people give you a few more minutes than that! Maybe if you say in your first post that you will send first since you have no VMs?
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 am

I did say I would send first, as long as they have some VMs. I pmed one of the people who offered then withdrew and they replied "ok. add me with note" What the heck does that mean? I sent them a friend request but don't know what to do next. Ughhh.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next